Friday, July 16, 2010

Good News and Bad News

I have just returned from a week of Youth Camp. Our group went to a children's home where we did several landscaping projects. We also spent time with the young people living there. Our youth worked really hard and I am very proud of them. It really was a great week! That's the good news.
As I was catching up on emails and blogs that I read regularly, I came across a post that really bothered me. One of the really good blogs that I have recently come across is ending, perhaps. That's the bad news. She wrote that she was no longer going to post because she proclaimed her self a failure at children's ministry. Her church and in particular her department has sharply declined over time. She just feels that she has nothing further to offer. Such a shame because I have gotten several good ideas from this site. I hope she will reconsider and continue encouraging and equipping others in children's ministry.
We all get discouraged sometimes. I know I do. But we must stay the course and be faithful to the call God has placed on our lives. Sometimes these times come to us in order to force us to re-evaluate our priorities. Sometimes these times come to make us check up to see if we are still depending on our own selves instead of God. Sometimes they come to make us stronger. Regardless of the reason, stand firm in faith and keep on moving down the path God has placed before you. Remember, "He that hath begun a good work in you shall complete it...."

No comments: