Monday, July 19, 2010

What's God Up To Now?

A few years ago at a Ladies Retreat, I was challenged to "step out into deeper water with God". The speaker meaning to challenge us to surrender to whatever God may want to do in our lives if we would only allow Him. I responded to that challenge and, as they say, life has never been the same. I have been to places and done things that I could never even imagined. God is constantly pushing me beyond my comfort zone.
Last night our Student Minister challenged our congregation to "not be scared" to do what God wants us to do. I had to confess that I am scared to do some things that God wants me to do. Funny, it's the little things that scare me--not the big things like traveling to a foreign country or speaking in front of a large group of people. Confessing this to God in my prayer I also told God that I didn't want to be scared to obey him and miss out on opportunities that He has for me.
I know that feeling. That feeling that I get when I can tell that God is up to something. I know it's coming. I don't know what or when, but it is coming. I will be scared. I will also seize the opportunity because I know that afterwards I will love the adventure. The thrill will be just like a rollercoaster! That's my Heavenly Father--never a dull moment.

No comments: