Monday, September 20, 2010

Passing Thoughts

My brother-in-law passed away one week ago today. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers in February of this year. He had progressed so fast that his wife was about to have to put him in a nursing home. She had called and started the admitting procedures, but he died that very evening. I regret that he passed away and left his family. However I am so grateful that he is no longer suffering. He won't have to live in a nursing home. That is a great comfort to me and my husband.
Our three-year-old granddaughter ask what happened to him. Not knowing exactly what to say to her, I just told her that he was asleep. Later on during the service she was sitting on my lap as a PowerPoint slideshow began to play on the screen at the front of the church. She looked up at the pictures of my brother-in-law and said, "OH! He woke up!" "Yes, he did." I thought to myself. He really did. He went to sleep here and woke up in heaven.
At times like these my faith is a great comfort to me. I believe the Bible and what it teaches us about Heaven, God, and Jesus. I know that someday I will also go to Heaven because Jesus is my Savior and he died to pay the payment for my sins. I will see my brother-in-law again as well as all those I have known who have passed on before me. I will also see my Jesus and thank Him for all He has done for me.
If you have any questions about my faith, just ask. I will do my best to answer. This same comfort is available to everyone.

No comments: