Monday, January 24, 2011

Hold My Hand

Last weekend I watched another friend lay her child to rest. Gut wrenching for anyone, especially Moms I think. Age of the child is no factor in the loss. I have been to funerals for infants, teens, and those in their fifties and sixties and the hearts of the parents are crushed regardless of how long they had their child with them.

My best friend lost her son at 19. He was my son's best friend and spent many hours at our house. I don't know what it feels like to lose a child (thank you, God), but that was as close as I care to come. One of the songs that was played at his funeral was played at this funeral last weekend. When I heard it I felt like I couldn't breathe. All of the sudden I was attending two funerals. It was just too much for me and I had to go out.

I don't know why these things happen. I don't know how anyone could get through that without the Lord. Where could you go for comfort or strength or peace? I don't see any other possible source.

"I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says, "Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

1 comment:

Gracie said...

So tragic, I can't imagine. There would be no other source but Him.