Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Do Over

It's a new year today. I feel like I am getting a do over. Really I am not because the choices I've made follow me into the new year. But I always feel like the slate is wiped clean at the end of each year.
One of the goals I have set for myself this year is to memorize more scripture. To hold myself accountable to someone, I joined Beth Moore and the other siestas on her Living Proof Ministries blog. Twice a month we each post our scripture verses that we will be working on. Siestas (sisters) encourage each other on the journey and celebrate with one another at the end of each year.
I logged on this moring just three hours after Beth's first post was up. We were to each log on and post our first scripture and Bible version. In just that short time there were already 22 pages of comments. As I write this there are 75 pages and 3,900 posts. There are probably alot more posts awaiting moderation. WOW! That's a lot of women making scripture memorization a priority this year.
As I scanned down the pages reading the scriptures that were posted tears came to my eyes. It was so touching. All those women trusting God, trying to grow closer to Him. Some hurting and struggling. Some just trying to find more peace and joy. What a marvelous thing our God is doing and will do in our lives this year! I am so glad to begin this journey. Hope you will joing me.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

That's a great plan for the New Year!